If you read my post yesterday, you know we attended the Nectar Garden Fun Day at Coyote Hills Regional Park on Monday. I invited friends from my Nature Time! playgroup to attend with us, and the kids had a great time running around and playing after they were done with the butterfly activities. A favorite for kid-play is the large grass field in front of the Visitor Center. But my son has also loved exploring the nectar garden since we began coming here four years ago, when he was one. It’s even more fun with a friend.
Now that he’s older (just five), I feel more comfortable walking with him on the boardwalk through the marsh (no rails!). The boardwalk over and through the marsh is magical for children, with the tall grasses and water birds. If you have a really young child, the trails through and around the marsh are easy to do with a stroller.
If you’d like to read about and check out the photos from the first part of our visit (to the Nectar Garden Fun Day and our exploration of the Nectar Garden), you’ll find it here… “Nectar Garden Fun, Coyote Hills“
For more information about Coyote Hills (location, trail map, entry fee, etc.)… www.ebparks.org/parks/coyote_hills
- Family Bike Ride, Bayview Trail, Coyote Hills Regional Park (anaturemom.com)
- Nature Time! Hike, Dublin Hills (anaturemom.com)
- Five Tips for Joyful Hiking with Little Kids (anaturemom.com)
- Birding with Kids, Shadow Cliffs, Pleasanton (anaturemom.com)
- Nectar Garden Fun, Coyote Hills (anaturemom.com)